new - picture frames
- I can now make picture frames for both canvas and wood panel paintings!
- All frames are made from either Meranti or Tasmanian Oak wood (frame) and Pine wood (base)
large floater frames - for canvas paintings
- Canvas floater frames are now available with my paintings! I make these frames right in my studio! Our choices of wood are the strong, sturdy and smooth hardwoods - Meranti and Tasmanian Oak. These measure 12x42mm.
- The base of the frame is made of 19x42mm Pine wood. The wood is cut using a mitre saw and all pieces are glued together using the high strength Gorilla Glue before being reinforced with v nails or staples at each joint. This makes for incredibly strong frames that are built to last.
- I sand down and stain/varnish each frame in either Rich Walnut Satin, Natural Satin, Cedar Satin or Black Satin, and these are tailored specifically for each painting.
- The painting is then safely secured to the frame with screws at each corner at the back before the d-rings and hanging cord are attached and ready to hang.
- I am excited to be able to offer finished frames with my paintings, as these give a professional and polished look! This is also a more economical and convenient choice for the buyer, as framing companies charge a large amount to make each frame.
small floater frames - for wood panel paintings
- For my smaller paintings on panel, the Meranti and Tasmanian Oak measure 12x30mm.
- Meranti wood ranges from yellowish to reddish and also varies in wood grain. Therefore, each frame is unique yet still similar to one another.
- The base of the frame is also made of 19x42mm Pine wood and painted black around the edges.
- I use straight cuts instead of angled cuts and all pieces are glued together using the highest strength Gorilla Glue.
- I sand down and stain/varnish each frame in either Rich Walnut Satin, Natural Satin, Cedar Satin or Black Satin.
- The painting is then safely glued to the frame before the d-rings and hanging cord are attached.
- Each frame has a 2-3mm gap around the painting.
Ready to hang
- All original paintings labelled ready-to-hang have d-rings and cord attached to the back of each frame or canvas.
- (NEW) I use plastic coated picture framing hanging wire with an 11kg load capacity.
- (OLD) I use professional picture framing 2mm plaited polyester cord and 30x15mm d-rings with an approximate weight load of 8kg.
- Framing bumpers are now placed at the back of all paintings to protect the wall when the painting is hung